Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another point of view?

It's been a difficult couple of weeks.  Waiting with a person very dear to me, who was having a mental health crisis, I clearly heard two hospital nursing staff commenting..."laughing and dancing like crazy people in their own little world".  When the nursing staff came in, and I confronted her, it became very clear that she didn't see the discrimination in the comment she made because she suggested that if the person with me was not in the hospital for mental health reasons, the comment might actually make sense under some circumstances.
Does it make sense to you?  Do some people live in a world all to themselves because they are oblivious of people around them?  If so, does this make the world a happier place?
Is the world a happy place if you have Alzhiemers?  Can you be drunk (literally) with happiness?  Can you laugh so much that the act of laughing can cause you to have a mental health crisis?  Perhaps this was not meant to be a discriminatory statement? 
What do you think? 
I'd really like to know because for my family and myself, it's been a tough week in our own little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment