Sunday, May 5, 2013

Let's talk! It's Mental health week



It’s Mental Health Awareness Week starting May 6th.
I want to thank our local Catholic Women’s League District (Geraldton, Hearst, Kapuskasing, Cochrane and areas in between) for helping launch the week for me.  I had the opportunity to present to the group this past Saturday, and the women have made an unexpected donation to BrainCanada.ca for research.  Thank you!  We accomplished what to me was the most important activity that could happen, we talked. ..and we had a lot of fun sharing!
Mental health affects everyone.  Like any other “physical illness”, mental illness is not picky about whom it descends upon.  As we raise awareness about mental illness and its impact, I believe we will create a greater interest in creating supports and perhaps even a cure someday.  For my family, that could not be soon enough…but in the meantime, we will talk.  Life is meant to be enjoyed, and having good mental health should be part of it.
I encourage you to find out a bit more about Mental health week by checking out the following websites.
TV Ontario does a great job of hosting an evening program each night at 8 pm.  Why not tune in, and then talk with others about what you’ve learned.  Thanks!
http://ww3.tvo.org/special/mental-health-matters

No comments:

Post a Comment